Video and television
What is Video production?
Video production is the process of creating video by capturing moving images (videography), and creating combinations and reductions of parts of this video in live production and post-production (video editing). In most cases the captured video will be recorded on the most current electronic media such as SD cards. In the past footage was captured on video tape, hard disk, or solid state storage. Video tape capture is now obsolete and solid state storage is reserved for just that, storage. It is now distributed digitally in formats such as the Moving Picture Experts Group format (.mpeg, .mpg, .mp4), QuickTime (.mov), Audio Video Interleave (.avi), Windows Media Video (.wmv), and DivX (.avi, .divx). It is the equivalent of filmmaking, but with images recorded digitally instead of on film stock.
Practically, video production is the art and service of creating content and delivering a finished video product. This can include production of television programs, television commercials, corporate videos, event videos, wedding videos and special-interest home videos. A video production can range in size. Examples include:
- a family making home movies with a prosumer camcorder,
- a solo camera operator with a professional video camera in a single-camera setup (aka a “one-man band”),
- a videographer with a sound person,
- a multiple-camera setup shoot in a television studio
- a production truck requiring a television crew for an electronic field production (EFP) with a production company using set construction on the backlot of a movie studio.
Shooting styles and techniques include:
- using a tripod for a locked-down, stable shot;
- hand-held for a larger frame of motion to attain more jittery camera angles or looser shots to depict natural movement
- incorporating various camera angles such as the Dutch angle (see Mission Impossible), Whip pan (see the opening of Hot Fuzz) and Whip zoom (see the Kiddo/Driver fight in Kill Bill Vol. 2);
- on a jib or crane that smoothly soars to varying heights as seen in the finale of the movie Grease;
- with a Steadicam for smooth movement as the camera operator incorporates moving cinematic techniques such as moving through rooms, as seen in The Shining.
Post-production editing is at the core of our expertise. Our in-house post production facility is where our editors and graphic designers bring your creative to life.
If it’s a video to motivate your sales force, a corporate training module, or a award winning Direct Response commercial – we have the experience and the knowledge to tailor the creative style to fit your needs.
Lashmar Media most valuable post-production asset is our carefully curated collection of award win
ning video editors, not our high-tech equipment or cutting-edge video editing software.
Our diverse team of editing specialists spans the media spectrum, from feature film and documentary editors to specialists in music videos, television, movie trailers, motion graphics, animation, and corporate videos, as well as journalism, live meetings and events, experiential design, and reality TV editors.
This creative dive
rsity allows Lashmar Media to select the ideal lead editor for every project based on the project’s specific objectives, constraints, and creative aspirations.
Lashmar Media provides video editing for the following types of projects:
- TV Commercials
- Music Videos
- Independent Films
- Title Sequences
- Movie Trailers
- Broadcast Promos
- Corporate Videos
- Brand Videos
- Promo Videos
- Viral Videos
- Pitch Videos
- Web Commercials
- Concert Visuals
- Social Media Videos
- Nonprofit Video
Corporate Video Special
Everybody loves a special deal. The team at Lashmar Media has created an affordable corporate video production package that provides full corporate video production services including concept development, production, and post production. For those who need an all-in-one script-to-screen solution, Lashmar Media will write, produce and edit a finished marketing video that fits your objectives.
We will either shoot at your location or at our studio, our state-of-the-art facilities (additional charge) for video production in Minneapolis, MN so that you have everything you need from pre-production to final edit. In the end you will receive a high quality, attention-getting results that are designed to attract more business.
- 8 hours – Pre-Production – All the prep time needed
- 4 hours – Filming at your place of business
- 2 Employee interviews
- Footage shot of business operations – B-Roll
- Exterior AERIAL SHOT of business
- 12 hours – Post Production – Adding graphics,
sound & video edit
- 1 – 3 Minute finished corporate video
Typical duration of the final video is 60 to 180 seconds. If hours used exceed those included in package, you will be charged normal hourly rates listed. Some restrictions apply to aerial shots.
R 15.000 (all inclusive)
Social Vlogs Special
Everybody should be marketing with videos. The team at Lashmar Media has made it affordable for you to market with video. We offer packages that provide everything from concept development, production, and post production. For those who need an all-in-one script-to-screen solution, Lashmar Media will write, produce and edit a finished marketing video that fits your objectives.
All of our clients are developing or have established a social media presence. Any smart social media plan allows for video content. Lashmar Media acts as a social media content partner, looking ahead at the various channels through which your videos will be viewed. We understand these new channels and their nuances. Many factors must be taken into consideration when creating video initiatives:
We offer Social Media Marketing Videos for:
• Facebook: Check out our Facebook video production page to learn more.
Lashmar Media will create your custom molded social media videos for all of your engagements and partner with you on the deployment and measurement for each channel.